A member asked:

Problems with an injured wrist. is there a wrist specialist type?

6 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Ankush Bansal answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

Orthopedic surgeon: You can go to a: 1) your own primary doctor 2) sports medicine specialist 3) orthopedic surgeon 4) hand surgeon (a sub-specialty of orthopedics).

Answered 3/23/2012


Dr. Daniel Mass answered

Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

Yes: Hand surgeons also specialize in wrist problems. You can find one at assh.Org.

Answered 7/29/2012


Dr. Yash Khanna answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Wrist specialist: Any trained orthpedic surgeon can take care of wrist injury, including hand surgeon.

Answered 7/28/2012



Related Questions

A member asked:

Is there a certain type of specialist for hand pain?

8 doctors weighed in across 3 answers

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor