Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Why do my hips hurt when I sleep on my side

Dr. Ravi Chand
Sleep: You may want to check your bone density, type of mattress etc to r/o the cause.

Dr. Thomas Riney
Dr. Thomas Namey
Rheumatology 48 years experience
Dr. Sophie Duriez
Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 30 years experience
Your family doc: Regardless of where you're hurting, go see your family doc for an evaluation & treatment. S/he can refer you to a specialist if necessary. Good luck!
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Pain: You need evaluation to determine and treat the cause of pain on your sides
Dr. Forrest Jones
Specializes in Family Medicine
Dr. Kenneth Smith
Bursitis: Trochanteric bursitis most likely cause. Need to see physician for evaluation confirm diagnosis. Usually amenable to steroid injection.
Dr. Christopher Ferguson
Orthopedic Surgery 19 years experience
Troch bursitis: Trochanteric bursitis is a common inflammatory condition of the hip that causes pain, particularly when sleeping on the affected side.
Med eval: With abdominal pain & infrequent stools, retained feces is possible. Recommend that you see your physician to evaluate the pain.