Top answers from doctors based on your search:

what is that hole on my upper eyelid called

A 33-year-old member asked:
Dr. Christopher Coller
12 years experience Family Medicine
Stye or chalazion?: These are kind of like folliculitis for the eye-lashes usually caused by bacteria. Start with warm compresses. Don't squeeze it. You can pick up some ... Read More
6 thanks

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 53-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
25 years experience Ophthalmology
Warm compresses help: You need to see your eye doctor immediately, if you have a foreign object UNDER your lid, so they can evert your lid, and retrieve the foreign object. ... Read More
A 42-year-old member asked:
Dr. David Chandler
32 years experience Ophthalmology
Xanthelasma?: Xanthelasma are yellowish plaques on the upper eyelids (usually) and could indicate the risk for a lipid disorder. Sometimes subcutaneous blood from a ... Read More
A 39-year-old member asked:
Dr. David Chandler
32 years experience Ophthalmology
Infection / allergy: Swelling of the upper eyelid could be from an infected oil gland or skin glan, from a blocked oil gland (stye or chalazion), from allergy, from an ins ... Read More
1 thank
A male asked:
Dr. answered
Specializes in
See a doctor: For specific advice you will need to see a doctor and need to do this to rule out serious skin conditions. Here is a general information site written ... Read More
2 thanks
A female asked:
Dr. Bert Bowden
40 years experience Ophthalmology
Need more info: It is hard to tell what it might be. The sensory or feeling nerves are numerous in that area. The vein usually doesn't have any feeling. An artery ... Read More
1 thank
A 48-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michael Sparacino
36 years experience Family Medicine
Several reasons: This is one of those problems where a visit to your doctor is necessary to figure out what's going on. Only after a thorough evaluation, including ex ... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. Jerome Litt
70 years experience Dermatology
1 thank
A 51-year-old member asked:
Dr. Gregory Hines
23 years experience Family Medicine
Stye: It sounds like a stye.
A 32-year-old male asked:
Dr. Robert Kwok
32 years experience Pediatrics
Doctor has to look: Rashes are difficult to describe in words. A primary care doctor or a dermatologist can examine a pigmented patch to see what it might be. Sometimes r ... Read More
1 thank
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Richard Bensinger
51 years experience Ophthalmology
Stye: At your age, this is probably a stye. This is a blocked gland in the substance of the lid which will produce a red swelling on the inside of the lid. ... Read More
A 38-year-old male asked:
Dr. Ilan Cohen
24 years experience Ophthalmology
Many things: This could be many different things, there is no way to tell without examination.
A 24-year-old male asked:
Dr. John Goldman
54 years experience Rheumatology
See opthalmologist: You need a correct diagnosis immediately. See your ophthalmologist now. It may be mild and not dangerous but you need to know.
A 26-year-old male asked:
Dr. Darryl Blinski
45 years experience Plastic Surgery
Intra oral growth: Best to see a dentist, oral surgeon, primary care doc to evaluate and biopsy.
A 29-year-old male asked:
Dr. Philip Miller
46 years experience Family Medicine
Possible lymph node: or a fatty tumor. In any case you must be evaluated and treated.
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Lynne Weixel
35 years experience Clinical Psychology
See you Dr: If you have an opthamologist - you can go directly - but some GPs can handle these things at the 1st level. These can be a fairly common thing and eas ... Read More
A 59-year-old female asked:
Dr. Arlo Miller
14 years experience Dermatology
Hard to say: This could be many things. A stye, a basal cell cancer, a skin tag. Many, many possibilities. Really needs to be seen to know for sure.
3 thanks
A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. Pavel Conovalciuc
22 years experience Family Medicine
Swollen eyelid: There is internal stye, so what you saw can still be a stye. There is also cholazion which is related to stye. I would suggest you see a doc to figure ... Read More
A 24-year-old male asked:
Dr. Glynis Ablon
28 years experience Dermatology
Typically thrush is : on the tongue and cheeks, not on the lip, you can get warts, and glands more commonly on the inside upper lip(there are other differential diagnoses). ... Read More
A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gary Sandler
53 years experience Dentistry
Not sure: There is no way to know without actually being able to see it. It may be something called a mucocoele that occurs when the duct of a small salivary gl ... Read More
1 thank
A 50-year-old member asked:
Dr. Louis Gallia
44 years experience Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Not normal: If it is a new finding, and no trauma, not normal. Give it a week, if still present, your best bet would be to see an oral surgeon for assessment.
A member asked:
Dr. Jon Fishburn
29 years experience Ophthalmology
Likely normal: You are probably noticing normal conjunctival tissue variations. The upper eyelid protects the upper eyeball from UV, drying, dust, etc., which genera ... Read More
1 thank
A 39-year-old female asked:
Dr. James Lin
Dr. James Lin answered
50 years experience Urology
Here are some...: Are you sure the bump is a blood clot beneath the skin? If yes, it occurred spontaneously or after injury? If you experienced no its related symptoms ... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience Psychiatry
Unsure: This can't be diagnosed with the information that is available. A history, physical examination & other studies may be needed to determine cause/c ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits