Top answers from doctors based on your search:

what is baso

43 years experience Pathology
Ignore it: Sounds fine to me. I would not worry even if these numbers are a bit outside the range that the lab finds for most people.
2

Dr. Michael Dugan
Specializes in Hematology
Absolutely nothing: You get the absolute count by multiplying the total WBC by the % basos. It is perfectly normal to have 0 to low single digit basophil percentage.
A male asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
Dr. Michael Engel
19 years experience Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
Dr. Elizabeth Wallen
34 years experience Pediatrics
Basophils: Are a certain type of white blood cell. They contain histamine and can become elevated in inflammatory and allergic conditions.
1
48 years experience Pathology
43 years experience Pathology
Dr. Richard Romano
1
Dr. Joel Ross
Dr. Joel Ross answered
39 years experience Geriatrics
Dr. Martin Morell
28 years experience Rheumatology
Discuss: With a hematologists, slight variations could be normal, but smoking, allergies, infection medications, lymphoma could affect these. Good luck.