U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

What is a osseous structure at the anterior aspect of the joint knee space

A 68-year-old male asked:
Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology 34 years experience
Blastic: osseous lesions would be worrisome for metastatic disease to the bone. Since the Impression doesn't mention anything to this effect, I would suspect ... Read More
A 42-year-old member asked:
Dr. Robert Cusick
Orthopedic Reconstructive Surgery 10 years experience
Only removing them: The unispacer has been found to be not very reliable with regards to pain relief or durability. I have revised several to knee replacements, and would... Read More
Dr. Frederick Buechel, Jr. MD
Orthopedic Surgery 21 years experience
Not good option: You should consider partial knee replacement at your age if you choose someone who is very good at this procedure. Total knee is the standard of care... Read More
Dr. Bertrand Kaper
Orthopedic Reconstructive Surgery 30 years experience
Avoid the Unispacer: The unispacer device has been available for many years. It sounds like an attractive option for some patients with arthritis. Long term research, ho... Read More
A 28-year-old male asked:
Dr. Geoffrey Kuhlman
Family Medicine 23 years experience
Meniscal tear: Sounds like swelling arises from within the knee joint, indicating something is wrong inside the knee. Alternatively, if you are a runner or cyclist,... Read More
A 53-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bac Nguyen
Family Medicine 24 years experience
U got arthritis: Arthritis is a generic term for inflammation in the joint--rheumatoid arthritis=autoimmune disease where the body attacks its own joints. Septic arthr... Read More
A 44-year-old female asked:
Dr. Joseph Shen
Cardiac Electrophysiology 32 years experience
Space between...: It is the joint space between the thigh bone, leg bone and the knee cap which are held together by ligaments and tendons. It is lubricated with joint ... Read More
A 22-year-old male asked:
Dr. Jeff McFadden
Family Medicine 25 years experience
Depends: Nothing unless you are symptomatic. This is likely normal. Any other intraarticular injury causing increased fluid would have been noted on MRI.
A 44-year-old female asked:
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics 35 years experience
If ortho okays: Any surgery will produce scar tissue. The key to determine is if the location of the current scar tissue is causing functional impairment. If so surgi... Read More
A 37-year-old male asked:
Dr. Ki-Hon Lin
Orthopedic Surgery 26 years experience
Meniscal tear: A degenerative meniscal tear simply refers to a tear in part of the cartilage within the knee joint, caused by wear and tear. Joint effusion refers t... Read More
A 36-year-old male asked:
Dr. Matt Wachsman
Internal Medicine 37 years experience
Some help: There is normally cartilage between the bones in the knee. If it is gone (mild joint space narrowing) in whole or part, the bones grind on each other ... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 56 years experience
See Rheumatology: You need a correct diagnosis and possible synovial fluid removal and evaluation. The joint space narowing needs explanation. You are young for o... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership