U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Vertigo causes

A 47-year-old member asked:
Dr. David Lee
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 32 years experience
Generally no: If you are experiencing vertigo (a feeling of spinning), this is often due to a problem in the inner ear. If you are also passing out, this probably ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 30-year-old member asked:
Dr. David May
Dentistry 30 years experience
Yes: Yes, vertigo is usually a problem with your inner ear, your balance organ. If the vertigo is bad enough you will likely pass out and lose consciousne... Read More
A 25-year-old male asked:
Dr. Donald McCarren
Neurology 36 years experience
Vertigo defined: Vertigo means a hallucination of movement. It is more than dizziness which does not confer a sense of motion. It is unlikely to be constant and hence... Read More
A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. William Goldie
Pediatric Neurology 48 years experience
Vomiting: Vertigo is the sensation of movement when you are not moving. For most people this causes nausea and vomiting. The sensation comes from ear and brai... Read More
A 31-year-old member asked:
Dr. David May
Dentistry 30 years experience
Antihistamines: An antihistamine , like Benadryl (diphenhydramine) or Claritin might relieve the congestion around your inner ear that could be causing your vertigo.
A 29-year-old male asked:
Dr. Keshab Paudel
Internal Medicine 19 years experience
It depends: If it is a positional type, you causes dizzy while you change the position. If you get those symptoms from labyrinthitis or mass , that might give you... Read More
A 20-year-old female asked:
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
See an ENT: It is doubtful that the "bump" on the back of the head is related to vertigo. A 20 year old with true vertigo needs a thorough detailed evaluation. ... Read More
A 47-year-old member asked:
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 40 years experience
The two conditions: you mention can be linked. After your doc has ruled out any medial conditions, you can see a clinical psychologist who does exposure therapy for help.... Read More
A 21-year-old male asked:
Dr. Edwin Ishoo
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
MENIERE DISEASE: Have you had your diagnosis definitively confirmed by an ENT? this is extremely important. If you have meniere's, why are you not on any meds to contr... Read More
A 24-year-old female asked:
Dr. Chris Sadeh
Emergency Medicine 20 years experience
Vertigo: The balance system works by coordinating information in your brain from the three senses used for balance: your balance organ in your inner ear, your ... Read More