Top answers from doctors based on your search:

The outside top part of my ankle hurts and is quite swollen is that the malleolus which is extremely swollen

Dr. Arnold Beresh
40 years experience Podiatry
Tissue: It is probably the tissue around the bone(malleolus).

Dr. Scott Keith
43 years experience Podiatry
Dr. John Munshower
2
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegab answered
39 years experience Allergy and Immunology
Dr. Pamela Kirby
25 years experience Podiatry
Try rice diet: First try rest, ice, compression ( ace wrap), and elevation. If that doesn't help, see your local podiatrist.
9
Dr. Karen Butler
Ans: Trauma to the ankle. Sounds like able to ambulated. So be patient and give tome. Should resolve itself. If problems after some time. See your doctor
1
Dr. Arnold Beresh
40 years experience Podiatry
Stop Running: You need to get it checked before you cause increased trouble by running.
Dr. Jeffrey Kass
27 years experience Podiatry
Dr. Bradly Shollenberger
35 years experience Podiatry
Dr. Yash Khanna