U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

The first sign of syphilis is a chancre sore

A 36-year-old male asked:
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
A concern: Did you come into contact with someone who has syphilis. If the chancre is painless then it could be it. Would get it checked out and tested as it is ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 29-year-old member asked:
Dr. Simon Rosenberg
Prosthodontics 47 years experience
Totally Different: Canker sores are called aphthous ulcers, occur exclusively in the mouth and the cause is unknown. A chancre is an ulcer found on genitalia and in the... Read More
Dr. Media Najafi
Dentistry 23 years experience
Different: Syphilis is sexually transmitted disease caused by spirochete bacterium. Aphatous ulcer or canker sore is of unknown origin but is triggered by stress... Read More
A 26-year-old male asked:
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
Not syphilis: Syphilis is rare in heterosexuals in Canada, especially in the Vancouver area; is rarely transmitted by kissing, especially dry kissing; and a chancre... Read More
A 44-year-old male asked:
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
No risk, no worry: No new infection can start to cause symptoms sooner than 24 hr after catching it. And that sort of exposure is risk-free for both herpes and syphilis.... Read More
A male asked:
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 58 years experience
No: A chancre is an ulcer with a raw base. A wart is a small lump.
A 30-year-old male asked:
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
Nope: The chancre (open sore) of newly acquired syphilis occurs only at the site of sexual exposure. The large majority of anal ulcers or sores are not syph... Read More
A 19-year-old male asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Yes, & See doctor: If you have any concern about having syphilis, see your doctor as it is an easily treatable infection. You may visit this site for various pictures o... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Donald Pick
33 years experience
If : If you think you have a sexually transmitted disease, you need to go to a doctor and get tested and treated as soon as possible. You should also notif... Read More
A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 57 years experience
Yes: Will be very apparent.
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership