U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Stomach bug heartburn

A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. Forrest Jones
Specializes in Family Medicine
Get checked: See a gastroenterologist who help you determine if a repeat workup is needed.
A 50-year-old female asked:
Dr. Dean Giannone
Internal Medicine 26 years experience
Give it some time.: A "stomach flu" can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting and "heartburn" that can mimic your usual GERD, and it can be so relentless that your Prilosec ... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Corey Clay
Allergy and Immunology 11 years experience
Yes: Any inflammation of the lining of the gut can increase sensitivity to acid/heartburn
A male asked:
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine 53 years experience
Gastroparesis ?: Might want to consult a gastroenterologist. Sometimes can develop slow gastric emptying (gastroparesis) following viral infection which can cause your... Read More
A 49-year-old member asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Stomach flu: Start with clear liquid like water, soda that is clear, or sports hydration drinks. Sip often to prevent dehydration. Work up to solids with bland fo... Read More
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Christopher Abel
Pediatrics 27 years experience
Yes: It often takes a while after recovering from gastroenteritis for your intestinal tract to return to its normal balance. If your symptoms persist, it ... Read More
A 32-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bradford Romans
A Verified Doctoranswered
Internal Medicine 38 years experience
Yes. Recovering : from stomach flu is best done by starting with a simple carbohydrate diet like baked potato,toast,crackers,& rice. If well tolerated,slowly advanc... Read More
A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. Luis Villaplana
Internal Medicine 36 years experience
Doubt flu: Your symptoms pint towards a digestion problem rather than a stomach flu. Please consult your doctor if it continues.
A 51-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwataanswered
Ophthalmology 27 years experience
Yes, it's possible : This can happen if you have had a cold, and your nutritional status is reduced, and if you had any alcohol, or other irritants to your stomach. Also i... Read More
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Yash Khanna
Family Medicine 58 years experience
Try omeprazole: He can try a stronger acg suppressor likw omeparazole 20 mgm available over the counter or brand name zegrid once a day, till his symptoms have resolv... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership