PA

my gerd was under control with prilosec. three days after the stomach flu hit it's awful again. is there a connection?

Dr. Dean Giannone
Give it some time.: A "stomach flu" can be accompanied by nausea, vomiting and "heartburn" that can mimic your usual GERD, and it can be so relentless that your Prilosec is simply not helping right now. It's doubtful that this stomach flu in the short term would have worsened your GERD for the long term. Give it a few more days and hopefully you'll start feeling better in this regard.