U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Spinal fluid leaking from ear

A 33-year-old male asked:
Dr. Morton Levitt
A Verified Doctoranswered
Pathology, Anatomic and Clinical 50 years experience
Leaking spinal fluid: Leaking spinal fluid is always a serious matter, regardless if it is coming from the ear or elsewhere. The fluid is thin a straw-colored and usually c... Read More
A 32-year-old female asked:
Dr. Jefferson Chen
Neurosurgery 35 years experience
Difficult question: Not exactly sure of the history, but it seems that you are saying that you hear a thump in the ear when you bend or push. There was a 2 month history ... Read More
A 29-year-old female asked:
Dr. Birendra Tandan
Urology 35 years experience
CSF leak is a serious thing.. Your symptoms do not sound to be from that. If they persist pl have your MD check you
Dr. Bennett Machanic
Neurology 53 years experience
A true CSF leak, such as a post spinal tap leak results in a postural headache, worsened by standing, better supine. Not sure what you mean by "heavy... Read More
A 46-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 45 years experience
Yes: A base-of-the-skull fracture can infamously cause a runny ear. That it is spinal fluid can be confirmed by any clever physician who thinks to test it ... Read More
A 22-year-old male asked:
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Family Medicine 39 years experience
Why CSF Leak?: Why do you think you might have a CSF leak? Have you hit your head? If you have a reason to think that you have a CSF leak, the first thing to deter... Read More
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Need for examination: Fluid leaking from the ear is a serious issue and you should see your doctor asap and if that is not feasible, go to an emergency room for an evaluati... Read More
A 22-year-old male asked:
Dr. Ramin Ipakchi
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 23 years experience
Yes: If the source of your leak is the temporal bone, then you might have fullness in the ear and likely a salty taste. But please see an ent. You will not... Read More
A 32-year-old female asked:
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Internal Medicine 42 years experience
Middle ear: The symptom you describe sounds like an issue with fluid in your middle ear, and is unlikely to be related to your prior lumbar puncture. You may want... Read More
A 33-year-old male asked:
Dr. Bennett Machanic
Neurology 53 years experience
You may have an infection in your ear, and your ENT would be ideal. Seriously doubt you are experiencing CSF otorrhea, which would be colorless fluid... Read More
A 39-year-old member asked:
Dr. Edison McDaniels
Specializes in Neurosurgery
Vague ?? but no: What kind of surgery are you referring to? With many neurosurgical procedures, CSF leak is a risk, especially if the CSF space itself was entered as a... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership