U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Skin rash that looks like bug bites

A 50-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 58 years experience
See doctor: Make sure that there is no residual insect particles in the lesion and i wonder if your lesions have been infected. You need to see a doctor about t... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. David Hardin
Wound care 37 years experience
Won't prevent scar: But it will soften the area and help make it less noticeable. Normal insect bites shouldn't scar unless scratched open if this is a problem too try p... Read More
A 30-year-old male asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
Cannot say: Rashes often require a direct exam for their character & distribution to begin the process of a proper label. Those localized to a single region a... Read More
A 44-year-old member asked:
Dr. Justin Greiwe
A Verified Doctoranswered
Allergy and Immunology 13 years experience
See Doctor: Unfortunately your description is not sufficient to make a diagnosis. Given that the rash is spreading the best thing to do is to have your boyfriends... Read More
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology 33 years experience
Insect Repellant: Considered safe for children of all ages and for pregnant women, biteblocker organic xtreme uses only plant-based ingredients, like soybean and gerani... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Jessica Allan
Internal Medicine 24 years experience
Depends: Not able to see the rash. Go to Doc who can examine the rash. It could be anything from contact dermatitis, prickly heat, a yeast infection, bed bugs,... Read More
A 18-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 58 years experience
Itches or burns: What is the rash like? Does it itch or burn? If it developed after gardening 6 months ago, it may be from poison ivy. Make sure that all material ha... Read More
A female asked:
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Needs examination: Possibilities are endless. Fungal infection? Dermatitis? Allergy? You need an examination by a doctor
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Monica Michel
Family Medicine 13 years experience
Yes: Valtrex (valacyclovir) can commonly cause a rash as a side effect. Some rashes are more serious than others so I would suggest seeing your prescriber.... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Dermatologist: That would be a huge amount of insect bites and you would have noticed them long before 70 occurred. Tenderness and aching are also unusual features. ... Read More