U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Prilosec for ibs

A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Charles Cattano
Gastroenterology 40 years experience
Multifactorial GERD?: Avoid foods ; behavior that delay stomach emptying ;/or relax the lower esophageal sphincter, but you may also need to consider promotility agents add... Read More
A 28-year-old male asked:
Dr. Martin Fried
Nutrition 37 years experience
Either: Both are acid reducing medicines of the same generally family called proton pump inhibitors. Either medication should be effective to help heal your... Read More
Dr. Andras Koser
Internal Medicine 41 years experience
Both are good: One comment, both Prilosec and Pantoprazole belong to a group called proton pump inhibitors. And as all members of this group can cause diarrhea, and ... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Leila Hashemi
Internal Medicine 22 years experience
Heart Burn: Hi, you probably have Functional dyspepsia or non-ulcer dyspepsia, which is common in IBS, the treatment is change in diet includes avoiding fatty foo... Read More
A 30-year-old male asked:
Dr. Stephen Camacho
Family Medicine 25 years experience
IBS care: Treating your ibs starts with adequate fiber in your diet in natural or supplement form. Then you should add some probiotics - lactobacillus/acidophi... Read More
A 24-year-old male asked:
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Pulmonary Critical Care 26 years experience
No: Omeprazole does not treat ibs.
A 23-year-old male asked:
Dr. Tri Huynh
Gastroenterology 18 years experience
Omeprazole/Bentyl.: Omeprazole is used to suppress acid production in your stomach. Normally prescribed for patients with acid reflux, peptic ulcer disease, or h. Pylori... Read More
A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. Al Hegab
Dr. Al Hegabanswered
Allergy and Immunology 41 years experience
Won't harm: Maybe of help, but if no improvement recheck with your doctor/Gastroenterologist
A 19-year-old female asked:
Dr. Yash Khanna
Family Medicine 58 years experience
ConsultGastroenterol: Consult a Gastroenterologist if possible or follow up with your Primary Care Doctor and discuss your problem and get a referral for GI Specialist You ... Read More
A 28-year-old male asked:
Dr. Michael Sawyer
General Surgery 37 years experience
Yes be careful: Omeprazole can cause elevated serum levels of benzodiazepines. Main effect would be over sedation with the librax (clinidium and chlordiazepoxide). Th... Read More
A 51-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
GI doc: 20 years os too long to live with GERD. You may also have damage to lower esophagus that needs to be evaluated. It would be prudent to see a GI specia... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership