U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Painless lump on upper back

A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Sparacino
Family Medicine 38 years experience
See your doctor: You should have your lesion evaluated in person by your doctor, so he/she can take a biopsy (or remove it completely) if needed.
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Psychiatry 43 years experience
You're concerned: If you're concerned about something on your body and don't know what it can be, please see your doctor who can examine you. Your specific question co... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Marlene Wust-smith
Pediatrics 33 years experience
Trigger point?: Could be a lymph node, an area of muscle fibers that contracted and formed a small mass (overuse or after trauma) and/or may represent a "knot" or tri... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 41 years experience
Blocked gland?: A sebaceous cyst is a collection of oily fluid that occurs when an oil gland is blocked. Some folks are more prone to them than other and they often ... Read More
A 20-year-old female asked:
Dr. Antoanella Calame
Pathology 20 years experience
See a dermatologist: It is difficult to make a proper diagnosis since I am not there to see the condition. I recommend seeing a dermatologist so that they can make a prope... Read More
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Visalakshi Vallury
Family Medicine 25 years experience
Cyst: It is possible that you have a sebaceous cyst with infection. There are other possibilities of course but it cannot be accurately determined without a... Read More
A 34-year-old female asked:
Dr. Carrie Cannon
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 34 years experience
Hard mass with pain: Please see your primary care physician for exam and imaging if indicated. Severe pain is not to be ignored. I am sure you have been worried about thin... Read More
A 28-year-old female asked:
Dr. Richard Zimon
Internal Medicine 60 years experience
Sorry: but you MUST consult your baby's PEDIATRICIAN ASAP or go to the Walk In Unit of a good General Hospital or preferably Children's hospital! Good luck... Read More
A 40-year-old female asked:
Dr. Susan Arnoult
Family Medicine 26 years experience
2 options: Two things come to mind. The most likely is small cysts that are becoming irritated or infected. The other possibility is lymph nodes that are swell... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Liesa Harte
Family Medicine 30 years experience
Lymph node?: It sounds like an enlarged lymph node. The soft tender spot is probably what the lymph node is associated with. If it gets worse instead of better... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership