A member asked:

I have what feels like a lump of bone in my upper back right next to my spine on the left side that causes severe stabbing pain.

A doctor has provided 1 answer
Dr. Carrie Cannon answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Please see your primary care physician for exam and imaging if indicated. Severe pain is not to be ignored. I am sure you have been worried about things like cancer. Best not to put off the exam so you can relieve anxiety and get help. If the pain is unbearable, urgent care or ER for treatment.

Answered Nov 11, 2017



Still have questions?

Get the best care from a doctor who knows you.

Book a Video Appointment
Sponsor Content

Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor