U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Pain in knee after meniscus surgery

A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. Mitchell Cohn
Pain Management 36 years experience
Common: Surgery on one knee can cause a change in leg length changing your gait or can simply alter gait by changing knee function.The 'good' knee often takes... Read More
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
See Surgeon: Because your gait has changed the stresses on your other knee have also changed. Talk to your Orthopedic Surgeon. Physical Therapy may be in order.
A 24-year-old female asked:
Dr. Kenny Chuu
Internal Medicine 13 years experience
Knee pain: Hi, I hope I'm understanding your question correctly, and I'm glad your pain is improved, but likely whatever was causing your knee pain was properly ... Read More
A 37-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Granberry
Orthopedic Surgery 38 years experience
Knee cap issues: The symptoms you describe are indicative of pain originating in the cartilage on the underside of the knee cap (patella). This condition is called ch... Read More
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Knee problem: After 2 surgical procedures and having chronic issues with severe knee pain, I strongly recommend an evaluation by an orthopedic specialist with speci... Read More
A 44-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine 40 years experience
Arthroscopy: If you have a meniscal tear and it hasn't improved after a year it probably won't you will then need to undergo an arthroscopic procedure to correct... Read More
A 26-year-old male asked:
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 29 years experience
Depends: It all depends on the kind of tear and the thickness of the damaged tendons and ligaments and this must be determined in person after reviewing the fi... Read More
A 24-year-old female asked:
Dr. Peter Ihle
Orthopedic Surgery 55 years experience
Only your orthopedic: -surgeon can tell you.he has seen the inside of your knee. Also if there has been a new injury, the MR is not infallible, a good ortho exam is usually... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. James McClurg
Orthopedic Surgery 36 years experience
You : You may have a retear or other problem to the knee. Since you are able to reproduce pain with the same motion the problem is likely mechanical in natu... Read More
A 57-year-old male asked:
Dr. Hiep Le
Dr. Hiep Leanswered
Nephrology and Dialysis 43 years experience
No, it does have systemic side effects for long term use although used topically.
A 37-year-old male asked:
Dr. Bennett Machanic
Neurology 53 years experience
First, you describe wear and tear "chondromalacia", and an injury to at least one meniscus. Would consult with an orthopedic surgeon. Surgery is not... Read More