U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Neck and head pain when i move my head

A 27-year-old male asked:
Dr. Jose Barreto
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 15 years experience
Get an evaluation: This is caused by an increased mobility of C2 root which touches the hypoglossal nerve. Visit your doctor, get imaging in the area if needed. The mai... Read More
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 54 years experience
Neck Tongue Syndrome: Extremely rare syndrome caused by compression of 2nd/3rd cervical nerves. See a Neurologist for appropriate testing to ascertain cause and treatment a... Read More
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. Karina Contreras Lopez
Dr. Karina Contreras Lopezanswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Neck and head pain: The symptoms you describe can be due to a neck injury such as a neck sprain. It is important to know if you have had any falls, car accidents, or even... Read More
A 37-year-old male asked:
Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology 37 years experience
See a neurologist: Probably want to scan the head if the diagnosis is not obvious. In a young person without a history of trauma this may be a sign of low lying cerebell... Read More
A 27-year-old male asked:
Dr. John DeWolf
41 years experience
Research: There are conditions with similar symptoms that can be diagnosed with an appropriate work-up. http://www.medhelp.org/posts/neurology/neck-tongue-syndr... Read More
A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 48 years experience
Exam: Any unexplained, ongoing headache should be thoroughly evaluated and examined. The faxt that your head pain seems to be radiating, suggestsm a muscula... Read More
A 32-year-old female asked:
Dr. Lauren Elson
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 17 years experience
Likely muscular: It sounds like you have a muscle spasm causing tension headaches. You can try ice or heat for 15 minutes. If you can tolerate anti- inflammatories, th... Read More
A 19-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Exercise: It may help to exercise enough so that you sweat, that will raise core body temperature and relax the muscles. For good health - Have a diet rich in f... Read More
A 28-year-old female asked:
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
Cervicogenic HA: Cervicogenic headache is one of the most unusual headaches because the pain truly isn’t in the head. Cervicogenic headache is referred pain perceived ... Read More
A 50-year-old female asked:
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 41 years experience
At this point you : should see a spine specialist for a detailed evaluation and appropriate testing who can then guide needed treatment as you are not improving on your o... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. Carl Spivak
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 29 years experience
You : You may have injured your head and neck when you hit the top of your head. Sometimes this can cause bleeding in the skull or broken vertebrae in the ... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership