U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

My eyes have been itchy and watery for 3 weeks

A 31-year-old member asked:
Dr. Matthew Rauen
Ophthalmology 15 years experience
Avoid allergens: It sounds like you have ocular allergies. Avoid triggers. Use artificial tears. Use antihistamine or mast cell stabilizer eye drops. Use systemic ... Read More
Dr. Jon Fishburn
Ophthalmology 30 years experience
Antihistamine: To alleviate your symptoms you can try over the counter antihistamine eye drops like zaditor, (ketotifen) alaway, or claritin/zyrtec. Now trying to cu... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 31-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwataanswered
Ophthalmology 26 years experience
Warm compresses at: least 5 mins. a day in the morning. See eye doctor and then have them recommend the best therapy for blepharitis or blepharoconjunctivitis. You may ne... Read More
A 33-year-old member asked:
Dr. David Kira
Ophthalmology 21 years experience
Antihistamine: Rubbing the eyes may make the itching worse by releasing more histamine in a vicious cycle. The best thing to do is to rinse out the eyelids with coo... Read More
Dr. Robert Chang
Specializes in Ophthalmology
See a practitioner: If it does not improve. Rubbing itchy eyes can make them more irritated, so best to figure out cause.
A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. Rajesh Khanna
Ophthalmology 29 years experience
Wash eyes : Infection avoid contacts wear dark glasses see an eye doctor consider topical antibiotics.
A 45-year-old member asked:
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Allergy and Immunology 29 years experience
Eye drops: If you have seasonal allergies and now is the season in texas, use over the counter zaditor (ketotifen) eye drops for starters.
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 47 years experience
Use eye drops: with antihistamine properties: Patanol, Elestat or generic equivalents. Call your ophthalmologist asap.
A 42-year-old member asked:
Dr. Malaika Witter Hewitt
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 23 years experience
Pollen allergy: You ar likely displaying allergic hypersensitivity to something in the flowers, such as the pollen.
A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. Oscar Novick
Pediatrics 58 years experience
Red itchy eyes: He may have alergic conjunctivitis secondary to a stuffed animal or down feather pillow or blanket..See your doctor for eye drops
A 30-year-old male asked:
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 57 years experience
Ophthalmologist: An eye Dr will help him. For antihistamine, use a non-sedating one: Allegra, Claritin, Zyrtec. Generics are the same except cost less. Ketotifen and o... Read More
A 24-year-old female asked:
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics and Pediatric Pulmonology 36 years experience
Allergies : Rinse eyes with saline and use an over the counter allergy eye drop preparation. Monitor temperature, and if thick drainage occurs consult with Health... Read More