U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Bronx, NY
A 30-year-old male asked about a male:

My son is experiencing itchy eyes, watery eyes and discharge or mucus in eyes. and they are red

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 59 years experience
Ophthalmologist: An eye Dr will help him. For antihistamine, use a non-sedating one: Allegra, Claritin, Zyrtec. Generics are the same except cost less. Ketotifen and other eye drops are effective. Allergy shots may help, but involve numerous shots over a long time.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 28, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.