U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Knee hurts and burns

A 20-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ahmad Ibrahim
Urgent Care 19 years experience
Needs evaluation: Knee pain is tricky especially if you are young and athletic. Although breaking bones can happen usually it is the soft structures like the cartilage,... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. Gebrehana Zebro (formerly Woldegiorgis)
Internal Medicine 32 years experience
Does it feel better: After wards ? Both heat and ice packs can be used for inflammation and injuries depending on circumstances . If you feel better after initial discomf... Read More
Dr. Hashmat Rajput
Internal Medicine 39 years experience
Heat or cold: Ice cold constricts the blood vessels and is used for acute injury with swelling, to reduce the muscle & bone swelling. Heat dilates the blood vessel... Read More
A 17-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ronald Krauser
A Verified Doctoranswered
Rheumatology 52 years experience
Have knee evaluated: With the history of trauma, you want to be sure there are no tears in the knee. It is best to have it evaluated, preferably by an orthopedist. An MRI ... Read More
A 41-year-old female asked:
Dr. Carol Van der Harst
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 35 years experience
Interesting: The character of the pain sounds neurologic and should be examined by the doctors treating your serious neck condition. Spinal stenosis can affect bo... Read More
A 31-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Berryman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 54 years experience
5 yo with knee pain : Get a referral to a pediatric orthopedic surgeon ( not an adult orthopedic surgeon). Trampoline injury from an unbalanced fall or landing may injure ... Read More
A 53-year-old female asked:
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry 22 years experience
Many possibilities: Your pain could be as a result of many different things. A thorough history and physical exam and possibly some laboratory and radiology exams are nee... Read More
A 17-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 55 years experience
Uncertain : It may be an internal new problem. It is best to see your physician and get this clarified now. You could have a Cartilage problem.
A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. Claudine nandi Lee
A Verified Doctoranswered
A US doctor answeredLearn more
HI,: Oh dear that does not sound good. Have you seen a GP yet? It really sounds like you may have damaged either the cartilidge or the ligaments. I would g... Read More
A 36-year-old member asked:
Dr. Deborah Wong
Family Medicine 34 years experience
Not seeking help!: Knee pain can be for many reasons, with the most common being osteoarthritis, a condition that is to many other inflammatory conditions. A smart doct... Read More
A 48-year-old member asked:
Dr. Mark Galland
Orthopedic Surgery 32 years experience
Low impact: Aquatics, body weight, or resistance bands/ tubing and/or biking. Aquatics allow you to perform body weight exercises, but being in water actually re... Read More