Top answers from doctors based on your search:

how to get rid of skin lesions

A 50-year-old member asked:
Dr. Joseph Eastern
43 years experience Dermatology
Sometimes scarring..: ...Occurs no matter what you do. Other times it depends on the skin lesions. With acne, you can often prevent scarring by not picking or squeezing you ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
A 34-year-old female asked:
Dr. Marybeth Crane
26 years experience Podiatry
Weird: May not be related. More likely due to suppression of your immune system. Are you sure they were zoster blisters? Pustular times can look similar and ... Read More
3 thanks
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Mark Hoepfner
38 years experience General Surgery
Complicated: You are jumping ahead of known information. Do you know if you even have gallstones? Dilated common bile duct & pancreatic cystic lesion are both very ... Read More
A 33-year-old female asked:
Dr. Saeed Jaffer
23 years experience Dermatology
Skin lesions: Thank you for your question. Skin lesions that burn and then leave pigmented marks may be caused by many things. There are forms of inflammatory con ... Read More
A 45-year-old member asked:
Dr. Moises Perez
17 years experience Pharmacology
Need a diagnosis: You need to get the proper diagnosis from your dermatologist in order to properly treat your skin condition.
3 thanks
A 42-year-old member asked:
Dr. Hashim Alani
Specializes in Plastic Surgery
Tags: Have them cut out.
A 55-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michael Fisher
31 years experience Dermatology
Skin tags: If the tags are bothersome, multiple home and medical treatment options are available:tie off tag at narrow base with a piece of dental floss or strin ... Read More
2 thanks
A 28-year-old female asked:
Dr. Omobola Oji
32 years experience Family Medicine
Find the cause.: The best is to find the cause and abort it then treat the symptoms.
A 32-year-old female asked:
Dr. John DeWolf
39 years experience Dentistry
Evaluation: Some require surgery and some heal by themselves. It totally depends on what it is exactly.
A 43-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michael Fisher
31 years experience Dermatology
Herpes: There is no treatment that can cure herpes. Antiviral medications can, however, prevent or shorten outbreaks during the period of time the person take ... Read More
A 48-year-old member asked:
Dr. Vasu Brown
33 years experience Integrative Medicine
Vit B2: Riboflavin b2 helps with blister sores. The other product is methionine take 400mg twice daily rebuilds collagen. To relieve pain u can use intenzyme ... Read More
A 24-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bennett Werner
43 years experience Cardiology
Acne?: If by blemish, you mean pimples: treatments include: topical tretinoin applied to the affected area at bedtime or every other day; Adapalene topical a ... Read More
A 64-year-old male asked:
Dr. Tsu-Yi Chuang
49 years experience Dermatology
Not easy: over the counter "Tag-Away" might help, according to some people. but dermatologist certainly would help.
A 44-year-old member asked:
Dr. Michael Fisher
31 years experience Dermatology
Penile papules: Laser treatment is the only effective method of removal for pearly penile papules. Any website that says otherwise is providing false information. It ... Read More
A 28-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Killian
27 years experience General Practice
Genetics/DNA: It all depends, but if you want to change your skin completely that is impossible and not a wise endeavor. If you have a blemish then there are some s ... Read More
A 43-year-old member asked:
Dr. Jerome Litt
70 years experience Dermatology
A 28-year-old female asked:
Dr. Otto Placik
33 years experience Plastic Surgery
Peel: A chemical peel might work for this purpose but is not advised.
1 thank
A 28-year-old male asked:
Dr. Tanya Russo
24 years experience Pediatrics
Post inflammatory: Post inflammatory hyperpigmentation is a common and normal response during the healing process. When traumatized skin heals, redness, followed by dar ... Read More
A 50-year-old female asked:
Dr. Mohamad Chaaban
13 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Difficult!: It is very difficult to get rid of this problem. Where is y our hyperpigmentation? I can only answer on the face... Is your hyperpigmentation from dia ... Read More
A 55-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ed Friedlander
43 years experience Pathology
I wouln't try it: If you use a freckle remover, even from a dermatologist, you risk disfiguring yourself. Freckles are endearing, they're distinctively you, and a major ... Read More
1 comment
A 46-year-old member asked:
Dr. Anya Kishinevsky
20 years experience Plastic Surgery
Pimples: If they are indeed whiteheads, or pimples under the skin, a tiny needle can be used to create an opening in the skin to release the oil inside. This s ... Read More
A 48-year-old female asked:
Dr. Coyle Connolly
28 years experience Dermatology
Sunspots : A dermatologist may use liquid nitrogen to "freeze" away these sunspots or lentigos . It is important to have a dermatologist evaluate the area to ens ... Read More
A 27-year-old male asked:
Dr. Robert Kwok
32 years experience Pediatrics
Start medications: For treatment of acne, over-the-counter benzoyl peroxide gel/cream is quite helpful. If desired, a doctor can add an antibiotic gel/cream such as Cleo ... Read More
6 thanks
A 25-year-old male asked:
Dr. Robert Jackson
42 years experience Dermatology
See derm: See dermatologist for evaluation.
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits