U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Hanging piece of skin on perineum

A 47-year-old member asked:
Dr. Laura Pearlman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 41 years experience
A week: Generally these sores heal in a few days, but it can take up to a week to heal depending on where the skin split is.
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics 35 years experience
Wound care: Keeping the wound clean and then lightly moistened will generally expedite healing. Avoid abrading the area. Sitz baths are often recommended but are ... Read More
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 48 years experience
Avoid sexual: activity, thong underwear, tight jeans or bathing suits. I suggest using Advil/Aleve for pain ( if not allergic to these products ) and massage Neospo... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Stephen Scarantino
Obstetrics and Gynecology 27 years experience
May be an infection: Small lacerations or cuts may occur after intercourse. In your case, it may have become secondarily infected, based upon how you describe it. I would ... Read More
A 64-year-old male asked:
Dr. Michelle Jones singer
Gynecology 39 years experience
Yes: This is normal. If you have not had a physical exam within the year I recommend that you schedule one. At that time your doctor will do a complete exa... Read More
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Douglas Lawson
Obstetrics and Gynecology 29 years experience
Pimple: could be a pimple or hair follicle infection. You really didn't ask a question here, but acne like lesions and hair follicle infections are very comm... Read More
A 17-year-old female asked:
Dr. Andrew Villa
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Probably: Skin tags are common on the perineum. However it can also be something different like a genital wart. You should see a medical provider to evaluate ... Read More
A female asked:
Dr. Visalakshi Vallury
Family Medicine 25 years experience
Skin tag: This sounds like a perianal skin tag. These are usually innocent. If it causing you discomfort or increasing in size you should consult your doctor a... Read More
A 19-year-old female asked:
Dr. J Ricardo Loret De Mola
Fertility Medicine 34 years experience
Clearsil: Anti pimple medications can help like clearsil; if it works on a pimple on the face it will work on perineum. But if not improved you need to have thi... Read More
A 16-year-old male asked:
Dr. James Burns
Emergency Medicine 38 years experience
Probably: A perineal abscess. Have your doctor take a look to confirm.
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Devon Webster
Medical Oncology 23 years experience
Bartholin's cyst?: There are glands called Bartholin's glands that can get plugged, causing a cyst about the size you describe. These can get inflamed and sore. They can... Read More