U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Dull pain after root canal

A female asked:
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Adjacent tooth ?: Teeth with root canal therapy should not be sensitive to hot and cold.. it could be an adjacent tooth. Have your dentist take a look to determine the ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A female asked:
Dr. Matthew Hyde
Dentistry 42 years experience
Ask treating dentist: Most root canals these days are treated in one visit. While some post operative symptoms are not unusual, I would call the office to see if they feel ... Read More
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Re-evaluation: Have your treating dentist re-evaluate the tooth to see if there is an infection brewing. They will decide if you need an antibiotic.
A 30-year-old female asked:
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Possibly: Not a pinched nerve. A number of common factors: a bit of cement can be caught under the gum tissue, or the contact between the crown and the adjacent... Read More
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 37 years experience
See your dentist: The most common causes are debris lodged under the gum line or cement overhangs. See your dentist for evaluation and adjustment.
A member asked:
Dr. Ronald Konig
Specializes in Cosmetic Dentistry
Some : Some tenderness is normal after a root canal. It usually subsides after 2-7 days. If it is keeping you awake at night then i would call your dentist.... Read More
A 36-year-old male asked:
Dr. Saleh Elahwal
Endodontics 36 years experience
Second opinion: Please get that tooth checked again for peri apical pathosis or it could be the periodontal situation . The tissue around the tooth .X ray and periodo... Read More
A 58-year-old female asked:
Dr. James Donley
Dentistry 55 years experience
See dentist: Return to your dentist. Ask for a referral to an endodontist (root canal specialist) or another for a second opinion. You could have a cracked tooth o... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Nishan Odabashian
Endodontics 31 years experience
Dr. Pierre Machtou: Dr. Pierre Machtou is a well known Endodontist (root canal specialist). You can ask a Parisian how to find him.
A 38-year-old female asked:
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 41 years experience
Referred pain: It may be referred pain from the tooth being worked on. Speak to your dentist.
A 49-year-old female asked:
Dr. Leopold Weinstein
Dentistry 47 years experience
Please : Please go and have this tooth looked at by an endodontist. Sometimes the tooth needs to be retreated. Or it could be another tooth. Anyway this demand... Read More
A 32-year-old female asked:
Dr. Michael Lebowitz
Dentistry 34 years experience
Endo pain: Continued tooth pain after root canal therapy could be caused by a number of factors, missed canal, fractured tooth or persistent peri apical abscess ... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership