U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Cyst on palm of thumb

A male asked:
Dr. Matt Wachsman
Internal Medicine 36 years experience
Varies: You'd be able to see which works within 15 min of application though

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 37-year-old female asked:
Dr. David Lipkin
Internal Medicine 52 years experience
No: The swelling is composed of blood vessels and blood with direct connection to the vascular system. Any blood removed would quickly be replaced and in... Read More
A 37-year-old female asked:
Dr. Holly Maes
Pediatrics 36 years experience
NO: These can't be drained - the fluid will just re-accumulate. There's no problem waiting to get it done as long as the lesion is not open and at risk o... Read More
A 32-year-old female asked:
Dr. David Earle
General Surgery 31 years experience
Maybe: These cysts can be very hard. They are typically removed by a hand specialist ortho, general surgery, or plastics. Ask your primary care provider if a... Read More
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Family Medicine 38 years experience
See a hand surgeon: Most ganglion cysts aren't troublesome. It is concerning that your mass is so painful. It may not be a ganglion cyst at all. You certainly need to s... Read More
A 52-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 45 years experience
You need: To show this to a specialist, hand surgeon or orthopedic surgeon. It could be tumor.
A 64-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Berryman
Obstetrics and Gynecology 54 years experience
Get a second opinion from an expert hand surgeon (orthopedics), as the restricted movement can probably be resolved with additional surgery.
A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Internal Medicine 29 years experience
From your description, a ganglion cyst is a distinct possibility. You should see an orthopedic surgeon to diagnose it and discuss the treatment option... Read More
A 64-year-old female asked:
Dr. Birendra Tandan
Urology 34 years experience
Looks like you have symptoms which would require a hand or orthopedic surgeons evaluation. I doubt if it will go away on its own