U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Clots in lungs

A 46-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ted King
A Verified Doctoranswered
40 years experience
CT of lungs: The beginning of all good testing is having the doctor take a good history and do a good physical exam. If the results are strongly suggestive of some... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 47-year-old member asked:
Dr. Pramil Cheriyath
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Coumadin (warfarin): One of the oldest drugs is available couamdin or warfarin, you need to frequently check your blood level- this is a drawback, newer drugs are in th... Read More
Dr. Omar Esponda
Internal Medicine 15 years experience
Complicated: Depending on why you got a blood clot and other conditions present at the time of the diagnosis of the clot you might be getting different medications... Read More
A 45-year-old member asked:
Dr. Philip Chao
Radiology 38 years experience
Shortness of breath: Blod clot migrating to the lung is called a pulmonary embolus. Most common is a DVT from the leg.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery 49 years experience
Pulmonary Embolism : Is a sudden blockage in a lung artery. The blockage usually is caused by a blood clot that travels to the lung from a vein in the leg. Signs and symp... Read More
A 36-year-old member asked:
Dr. Tejas Ozarkar
Dr. Tejas Ozarkaranswered
General Practice 9 years experience
YES: Pulmonary embolus is a medical emergency. If you have been told you are at higher risk for blood clots, and you feel the pe symptoms (increase in hear... Read More
A 40-year-old member asked:
Dr. Carlo Contreras
A Verified Doctoranswered
Surgical Oncology 18 years experience
No: As long as you are taking a blood thinner and will not be doing activities that could cause bleeding, then vacation should be fine. Check with your d... Read More
A 36-year-old male asked:
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 49 years experience
Pulmonary embilism: Visit this site for information on this topic: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pulmonary-embolism/symptoms-causes/syc-20354647 Wish you... Read More
A 36-year-old member asked:
Dr. Numaan Malik
Pulmonary Critical Care 18 years experience
CT Chest.: If someone has symptoms consistent with blood clot in the lungs, CT Chest with contrast is obtained for further evaluation. .If CT cannot be obtained,... Read More
A 36-year-old member asked:
Dr. Gutti Rao
Hospital-based practice 46 years experience
Yes: Blood clot in the lungs( pulmonary embolism) can cause chest pain most often shortness of breath.
A 32-year-old member asked:
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Family Medicine 43 years experience
Depends: I would say a blood clot in the lung is serious but there are small clots and then there are large clots and depending where the clot goes determines ... Read More
A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. William Walsh
Addiction Medicine 17 years experience
Pulmonary emboli: Pulmonary emboli (blood clots in the arteries of the lung) can cause chest pain from either damage to the lining of the lung (pleura), or strain on th... Read More