Top answers from doctors based on your search:
Disclaimer

cephalexin overdose signs

A 36-year-old male asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience in Psychiatry
Cephalexin overdose: An overdose occurs when an excessive / dangerous dose of a drug / substance is used. "Overdose symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, di ... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month
A 43-year-old member asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
45 years experience in Pediatrics
Not considered toxic: Like many foreign proteins we ingest this antibiotic is essentially nontoxic. In large quantities it can certainly cause gastrointestinal problems by ... Read More
1
1 thank
A 37-year-old member asked:
Dr. Martin Raff
55 years experience in Infectious Disease
Doubt tt: Anything is possible but this is a very benign drug with few human toxicities beyond allergic reactions.
A 41-year-old member asked:
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
52 years experience in Infectious Disease
Probably nothing: Cephalexin is a very safe antibiotic. Even a giant overdose is not likely to be harmful.
A 37-year-old member asked:
Dr. Martin Raff
55 years experience in Infectious Disease
Hard to overdose: Cephalexin (at what strength?) is very hard to overdose on. Would not worry about the two doses you took and just follow directions from now on.
A 30-year-old male asked:
Dr. Layne Hermansen
Specializes in Family Medicine
Oral yeast infection: Sounds like you have a yeast infection on your tongue from using antibiotics. It happens occasionally. You will want to be checked for diabetes along ... Read More
A 28-year-old female asked:
Dr. Ivelisse Rivera-Godreau
23 years experience in Family Medicine
Sore throat: There are various reasons besides an infection that can cause a sore throat. Two of the most common are post nasal drip which might be associated with ... Read More
1
1 thank
A 36-year-old male asked:
Dr. Heidi Fowler
24 years experience in Psychiatry
Keflex overdose: Keflex is an antibiotic. An overdose is when an excessive or dangerous amount of a medication or substance is used.
A 53-year-old member asked:
Dr. Gregory Hines
23 years experience in Family Medicine
Time: You cannot really overdose on an antibiotic, but if you take too much of one of them, then time is all it should take to clear it naturally.
A 51-year-old member asked:
Dr. Gregory Hines
23 years experience in Family Medicine
Unnecessary: They are both similar cephalosporin antibiotics, and do not have much of an additive effect. One or the other should be enough.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month