Top answers from doctors based on your search:

can I undo the damage of doxy for folliculitis

Dr. Bruce Jacobs
Specializes in Family Medicine
Right. Doxycycline: is not the right drug for folliculitis. You need a drug that covers staph and strep,like cephalexin. See your Dr and get a different prescription.

Dr. Bruce Jacobs
Specializes in Family Medicine
I don't think: it will get worse,but you need a different antibiotic. Are you sure this isn't acne? I would see a Dermatologist as soon as you can.
Dr. Bruce Jacobs
Specializes in Family Medicine
I would stop it. Its: not doing you any good.
1
Dr. Scott Hacking
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
57 years experience Dermatology
Dr. Yelena Kipervas
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
53 years experience Infectious Disease
1
2
Dr. Bruce Jacobs
Specializes in Family Medicine
It could: take weeks.Where is the folliculitis? If on your legs,are you changing razors frequently?
1
Dr. Craig Lum
Dr. Craig Lum answered
25 years experience General Surgery
1
Dr. Bruce Jacobs
Specializes in Family Medicine
I didn't know: doxycycline was an antibiotic for folliculitis. I would think a drug like cephalexin or something similar would be better.
Dr. Joseph Eastern
44 years experience Dermatology
1