Top answers from doctors based on your search:

can I take imodium if I have a stomach bug

Dr. Rajiv Pramanik
Slow down healing: It may slow down your clearance of the irritant. This is why in children we avoid anti-diarrhea medications.
1
Dr. Martin Fried
36 years experience General Practice
Dr. David Miller
2
Dr. Sudeshan Govender
Specializes in Family Medicine
Yes: Can take the medazine and Imodium with hydrate solutions and bed rest . If not settling, please see your family physician.
1
Dr. Martin Raff
56 years experience Infectious Disease
2
Dr. Colin Kerr
2
Dr. Herman Hammerstead
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Blind loop syndrome: May be overgrowth of anaerobic bacteria in the defunctionalized loop of the roux n y. May need a course of antibiotic so see your PMD immediately
Dr. Martin Raff
56 years experience Infectious Disease
Dr. Jonathan Jassey
17 years experience Pediatrics
1
Dr. Steven Simon
38 years experience Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Yes.: Any side effects will,be minimized by your condition. I assume you are not pregnant.
1