Canada

should i take immodium and or gravol with the stomach flu? or will it make me more ill , keeping the virus in my body ? thanks

Dr. David Miller
Dr. David Miller answered
Stay hydrated: When fighting the "stomach flu" (which is not always influenza), the most important thing is to stay hydrated. Take small sips of water and/or dilute gatorade, or pedialyte. If you vomit it up, wait 30 min or so and try again, slowly. If you can't keep anything down, er. Anti-diarrhea meds aren't bad but you should consult your doctor, as it could mask other things. Hydration is still the key.

Last updated Jan 3, 2019