U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Can constipation cause severe abdominal pain

A 19-year-old female asked:
Dr. Paxton Daniel
Radiology 33 years experience
Consider stress: The good news so far is that your doctor has likely excluded a goodly number of significant illnesses. Have an honest look at your life, diet, relatio... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 43-year-old member asked:
Dr. Tracy Berg
General Surgery 33 years experience
Tear or acid: Could be your esophagus, a tear (Wallory Wies) or acid aka GERD. Get evaluated by your doc, ask for scope aka EGD. This procedure will make the diagno... Read More
A 41-year-old member asked:
Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 46 years experience
It could be: 100 different things, such as ulcer, gastritis, pancreatitis, gallstones, cancer, hernia, zoster, muscle strain. Get your doctor to help you figure i... Read More
A 23-year-old female asked:
Dr. Kevin Frey
Internal Medicine 13 years experience
More info needed: Thanks for your question! Prilosec's main mechanism of action is to decrease acid production. Some of the more serious complications include a form ... Read More
A 60-year-old male asked:
Dr. Adam Beall
Surgery 15 years experience
Not exactly: Your pain could rarely be due to a primary stone of the bile duct. Evaluation includes ultrasound and labs. Treatment would be ERCP with stone extra... Read More
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. John Fung
General Surgery 40 years experience
Retained stone: If, as you posted in another question, you have a retained stone in the cystic duct, the pain that you have could represent this complication, or from... Read More
A 41-year-old female asked:
Dr. Carolyn Quist
Gynecology 36 years experience
Gallbladder: The symptoms are suspicious for gallbladder dysfunction, depending on the types of foods that trigger the symptoms or if all foods do it.
A 43-year-old female asked:
Dr. Birendra Tandan
Urology 35 years experience
Also take Maalox and eat small amounts frequently avoiding spicy food. Possibly a peptic ulcer.Scope will give you diagnosis. Hope U feel better
A 41-year-old male asked:
Dr. Steven Seres
Internal Medicine 22 years experience
Needs eval : This isn't a usual presentation for colon cancer, since it's usually without symptoms, and doesn't happen to 17 year olds very often. There are a lot ... Read More
A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. Robert Kwok
Pediatrics 34 years experience
Many possibilities: This public forum is for information, not medical advice. If one has very uncomfortable tummy pain, and is normally in good health, the possibilities ... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership