U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Can an endocrinologist help with acne

A 39-year-old member asked:
Dr. Ed Friedlander
Pathology 44 years experience
What have you tried?: If the "big guns" including systemic antibiotics, spironolacton, and Isotretinoin failed, you probably do not have acne but one of its mimics. A visit... Read More

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
A 38-year-old member asked:
Dr. Robert Berger
Dermatology 41 years experience
Both: Start with gyn/endo to get cycle under control and at same time or after a bit derm to finish off acne.
A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 46 years experience
Frustrating issue: Although some consider acne a teenage issue some by their genetic nature will deal with it into their 30's and beyond whatever their gender. Hormonal ... Read More
A 21-year-old female asked:
Dr. Brian Clear
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 12 years experience
Primary care: This suggests polycystic ovarian syndrome which is characterized by irregular periods, excess hair growth and acne. Basic lab tests and an ultrasound... Read More
A 29-year-old female asked:
Dr. Galen Harnden
Specializes in Pediatrics
Dermatologist: I would see a dermatologist. There are many treatments for acne, but for more severe cystic acne, a specialist is needed since the treatment is more i... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. Joy Jackson
Family Medicine 19 years experience
If : If you have normal periods i would not be concerned about hormonal imbalance. However if your periods are irregular then you could be dealing with thi... Read More
A 30-year-old male asked:
Dr. Luis Fernando Mesta Carrillo
Internal Medicine 7 years experience
Better outcome: An endocrinologist is a doctor specialized on hormonal disturbances in human body. In my opinion, according to your symptoms and diagnosis, it is the ... Read More
A 25-year-old female asked:
Dr. Brad Douglas
Obstetrics and Gynecology 24 years experience
See endo: You more than likely have PCOS - polycystic ovarian syndrome - also known as metabolic syndrome - and if you are overweight - weight loss is the treat... Read More
A 22-year-old female asked:
Dr. William Lages
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology 68 years experience
Not proven: Goldenseal is a herb found from the northeast to Arkansas. It contains berberine which has been used in several medical conditions without proof. Mo... Read More
A 18-year-old male asked:
Dr. Michael Tomeo
Dermatology 38 years experience
Acne Vulgaris: A very common condition that affects at least 80% of the population , at some point. Treatment can be topical or oral (if more severe) by a Dermatolog... Read More