U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Top answers from doctors based on your search:

Antihistamine ear drops

A 27-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bruce Jacobs
Specializes in Family Medicine
You need to see ENT.: You may need to have your middle ear drained by needle..
A 42-year-old male asked:
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 41 years experience
Tinnitus?: Your wife may have an ear disorder called tinnitus. It can cause ringing or buzzing in the ears. Her doc can examine her and refer her to a speciali... Read More
A 32-year-old female asked:
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 58 years experience
Both: Often combined in same pill. A nasal cortisone spray can be added and is often the most effective. Fluticasone, etc, are now generic, OTC, and about $... Read More
A 44-year-old female asked:
Dr. Thomas Josa
Allergy and Immunology 40 years experience
Decongestant: A pseudoephedrine may help with fluid in the middle ear. Antihistamines like Meclizine have been used for vertigo but are thought to exert their effe... Read More
A 34-year-old female asked:
Dr. Bhavin Patel
Allergy and Immunology 26 years experience
Nasal sprays: Initially you want to start off with nasal corticosteroid nasal sprays. If this alleviates the symptoms then you do not need to do anything else. H... Read More
A 26-year-old female asked:
Dr. Elton Behner
Dentistry 38 years experience
Consider the possibi: of it being viral, or due to smog/smoke. air pollution...
A 35-year-old female asked:
Dr. Anthony Depalma
A US doctor answeredLearn more
See an ENT: When problems like these don’t respond to standard therapy, it’s time to seek specialty help. See an otolaryngologist (ENT, ears/nose/throat). Checkin... Read More
A 42-year-old female asked:
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
I would simply resume the antihistamine. I assume you're also taking medication to treat the inflammation itself.
A female asked:
Dr. Ronald Ward
Specializes in Head and Neck Surgery
Rhinitis: Go back to ENT. Have nasopharyngoscopy, audiogram, tympanograms. Antihistamines generally do not help relieve eustachian tube swelling. Some patients ... Read More
A 35-year-old male asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
Depends: If you have a nasal steroid available it may help with irritant or allergic issues better than the antihistamine. Sometimes antihistamines thicken muc... Read More
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership