U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 46-year-old member asked:

Im a survivor of childhood sexual abuse as a teenager. in therapy about this and other things. that was a long time ago. how can i maybe get a gf and maybe go on a date?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jason Berman
A Verified Doctoranswered
15 years experience
Therapy: If you haven't worked through the multitude of feelings that arise from early sexual trauma then i recommend that. You can find a therapist here: http://www.Rainn.Org/get-help you can also start forcing yourself to connect with others with the aim of meeting someone romantically. In general, when we do the thing we are afraid of then the anxiety goes down. Be well, .
Last updated Aug 23, 2013


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.