A member asked:

Hi precious doctors, i'm transsexual. my body is male but my feelings are completely woman. can somebody help me on hormone therapy?

7 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Lori Wagner answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

There is help: There are doctors, typically endocrinologists, who specialize in gender identity issues.

Answered 6/13/2013


Dr. Jane Van Dis answered

Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology

See an MD: Women such as yourself are treated all the time with hormones, but you need to be under a doctor's supervision to do so. I would find a doctor (endocrinologist, ideally) who can manage your medication and the side effects for you.

Answered 5/29/2016



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question