U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 31-year-old male asked:

I have had ed/soft erection issues for a about 4 years, 2 day refractionary periods and rarely does my body want to go more than 2 days without ejaculation and releasing sperm. what can i do if i have trouble with not masturbating at all? 31 m?

3 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
Consult a men's sexual health clinic or a urologist for evaluation, advice and treatment. There should be no need to halt all masturbation. If no pathology or medical issues found, a mental health professional would be worthwhile consulting to determine whether there's a psyvhogenic issues, and if there are, treatment options will be discussed.
Dr. Birendra Tandan
Urology 35 years experience
Masturbation is not a choice of your body but your mind. Not maturbating will not harm you. Overall I think you should consult a sex therapist to staighten things out. Good luck
Dr. Robert Trager
Dentistry 55 years experience
Find a loving relationship to keep your mind off of masturbating and enjoy a relationship with caring, love and understanding. You won't have to masturbate if you have a partner.
Last updated Jul 1, 2022


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.