U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 29-year-old male asked:

3 months of mild pain in my right testicle. i visited my urologist and he told me its probably caused by muscle spasm. they took urine sample and it was clear but the doctor didnt examine me and believed that ultrasound is not needed. please advise?

3 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Donald Colantino
Internal Medicine 62 years experience
2nd opinion: Consult another urologist as I strongly recommend that you have a testicular examination and an ultrasound even for peace of mind. I don't think a simple normal urinalysis sheds much light on the cause of testicular discomfort.
Dr. Emerson Knight
Urology 49 years experience
Testalgia: Generally speaking your scrotum should have been examined. It sounds like you may have testalgia (pain in testicle) if there are no physical findings an US probably would be negative but still probably could be done to be sure nothing occult is present. I would discuss with your doctor.
Dr. Moshe Lewis
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 26 years experience
Ultrasound is best: THe patient is a candidate for a thorough evaluation including Ultrasound and urological examination. While spasm may be a consideration this would not provide a complete explanation of the patient's symptoms. Thus further diagnostic testing is recommended. In the interim, the patient can have a trial of anti-inflammatory and/or a muscle relaxant.
Last updated Jan 31, 2021
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.