U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 18-year-old female asked:

What kind of treatment i can buy for yeast infection that make it go away.my discharge has clumps in it and my vagina itches me a lot is it yeast infection r something else.please help me i want to have sex again.but afraid to ?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 54 years experience
Azole drug: Look for an over-the-counter product with active ingredient ending in "azole", e.g. clotrimazole, miconazole, terconazole, and others. All work equally well; you can choose the cheapest. If uncertain, ask a pharmacist. Clumpy discharge with itching often is due to yeast, but not always. If it doesn't clear up in a few days, you'll need to see a doctor or clinic for diagnosis and treatment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 2, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.