A member asked:

I am a male who thinks i have become infected with hpv (genital warts) is there some kind of dna swab test i can do to find out if that's what it is ?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Donald Nino answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Genital warts: Usually can only be diagnosed with a biopsy. Most experienced doctors can give a good diagnosis on careful physical examination. If you have any concerns, you should see a doctor to get an opinion and treatment. These warts are caused by hpv and that could cause cancer in a woman who gets it on her cervix. Best to get it checked.

Answered 4/23/2013


Dr. Olaf Johansen answered

Specializes in Colon and Rectal Surgery

Visual inspection: Usually it's a diagnoses which can be made by simple visual inspection by a physician and if needed confirmed with simple punch biopsy in office.

Answered 1/2/2013



Related Questions

Online Primary Care Doctors Accepting New Patients

$44 video appointments available today with a membership as low as $15/month

Book a Video Appointment
Ask your question
Didn't find what you're looking for?

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more.

Ask your question

Meet your new favorite doctor