U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

Do i need to go see someone? i currently have a dry itchy nose from allergies, and i've been sneezing a lot. however, i just sneezed and got a bloody nose from it. i had stuffed it with a tampon to try to get it to go away and when i pulled it out, a huge

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Usually : Usually you get a nose bleed to stop by applying pressure. Your allergies and your smoking might be an issue. If you can't get the bleeding to stop then you might need to be treated by an ear/nose/throat doctor.
Last updated Jan 5, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.