U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 32-year-old female asked:

Who do you go to if your bladder has dropped and needs to be fixed? i am a female in really good health but had a complete hysterectomy in jan.1992; now 20 years later, my bladder has dropped into my vagina area. this causes my bladder not to drain well.

3 doctor answers7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Heidi Fowler
Psychiatry 26 years experience
Speak : Speak with your gynecologist, there is excellent surgery to correct this problem.
Dr. Lillian Schapiro
Obstetrics and Gynecology 31 years experience
See your gyn: There are several options. Depending on your age, health and placement of your bladder, you may be a candidate for an in office procedure or you may need a more major surgery in the operating room. Some women have very good results just with kegel exercises. Start with those.
Dr. Brian Enggano
Obstetrics and Gynecology 13 years experience
Gynecologist: Visit your gynecologist. He or she will perform some tests to determine where the problem is and what therapies are available. Therapies usually consist of surgery or pessaries. See your gynecologist for more information.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Oct 3, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.