U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 25-year-old female asked:

I have had anemia for yrs now. i've had my tubes tied for over 2 yrs and for the past few yrs i have had headaches everyday and been dizzy. what could.it be doc?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Alan Patterson
Obstetrics and Gynecology 43 years experience
You need to seea neu: Neurologist to work up the dizzyness and headaches to make sure you do not have anything bad going on in your brain ( hopefully not) ha and dizzy can be caused by many things, and if you are anemic because of heavy periods , you can get an endometrial abaltion which can stop your periods so you do not have to get a hysterectomy, if you are anemic from something else you should see a hematogist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Gurmukh Singh
Pathology 50 years experience
Agree with Dr. P: It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without additional history, physical examination and may be some tests. In case your symptoms are due to iron deficiency anemia, you may take oral iron and multivitamin supplements, as it may help and will not do any harm.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 8, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.