What shouldi do if the drug i need is on the unsafe list?

7 doctors weighed in across 2 answers

Avoid, if possible: The best thing is to avoid the drug and look for alternatives. Is the drug for a condition that can be managed by diet/lifestyle changes? Is there another drug for the same condition that is safe? If there are no options besides an unsafe drug you could try a small dose to see if it can be tolerated. Just because a drug is on the unsafe list doesn't necessarily mean it's unsafe for you.

Answered 8/12/2015

6.5k views

Talk with yourDoctor: Medications do have side effects and talking with your doctor will help address the risks and benefits of any chosen therapy for you. Every individual is different and thus the risk/benefits associated with medications are individualized(per patient profile/presentation). I am sure you and your doctor can come to an agreement of what therapy/other alternative is appropriate for you. Good luck.

Answered 11/27/2017

5.5k views