Is it healthy to take ambien (zolpidem) every night?

Dr. Raju Indukuri
AMBIEN (zolpidem): Ambien (zolpidem) should only be used for short periods for insomnia.

Houston, TX

I have 3 10mg of ambien (zolpidem) is it safe to take at night?

Ambien: That is well over the recommended dose. Did you doctor prescribe this as an off-label dose for you? Please only take your ambien how it was prescribed by your doctor.
Houston, TX

Is it safe to take 3 10mg ambien (zolpidem) at night?

Dr. Patricia Foster
Depends: Only take one Ambien (zolpidem) 10 mg tablet: if prescribed by your doctor who's aware of any other meds you may also take. Talk to prescribing doctor for any other concerns. Ambien (zolpidem) is intended for short-term use only to help insomnia. I hope this helps. Best wishes.

Can you take Suboxone and Ambien (zolpidem) together just for one night?

Dr. Nicole Carlberg
Dual diagnosis: I recommend not taking ambien (zolpidem) and suboxone. Withdrawal and insomnia is part of the process of withdrawal. Taking another potentially addictive medication is not recommended. I would only advise it's use under the strict oversight of an addiction specialist during the time of use under a medication of Suboxone which enhances it's effects

Last updated Jun 24, 2014