can someone with a hearing loss become audiologist?

Dr. Michael Olds
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 32 years experience
Absolutely: Hearing loss does not have to limit your professional options. If you're interested in audiology- go for it.
Dr. Gutti Rao
Hospital-based practice 46 years experience
Yes: Why not? Severe sensory impairment is a problem in day to day life. People with disabilities overcome this be successful in their ventures.
Dr. Dale Tylor
Pediatric ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 19 years experience
Definitely : I know audiologists with varying levels of hearing loss and even those with cochlear implants for profound deafness. I think it helps some deaf patients feel more comfortable to work with healthcare providers who have first-hand knowledge of deafness.