U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 36-year-old member asked:

I need hearing aids . do i see ent or audiologist?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Pediatrics 51 years experience
Both actually: Most ENT work with audiology to assure a complete assessment of one's hearing. Obviously, you'll need a thorough hearing evaluation (from audiologist) but you'll also need an assessment of your ear anatomy and physiology to understand the reasons for hearing loss.

Similar questions

A 37-year-old member asked:

Hearing aids question -- do I see audiologist or ent?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Paul Rogers
Adolescent Medicine 51 years experience
ENT: Recommend seeing an ENT first to rule out certain disorders associated with hearing loss. Then the audiologist.
Last updated Jun 10, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.