U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 48-year-old member asked:

Should i see an audiologist or an otolaryngologist to check my hearing to see if i have some problem?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Zevitz
Cardiology 38 years experience
Audiologist: Audiologists do a much more complete exam and can isolate the specific abnormality with hearing, which is helpful to an ENT physician in terms of diagnosis and treatment.
Dr. William Culviner
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 31 years experience
See both: The otolaryngologist is the physician and surgeon who should obtain a detailed history and examination of your condition. The audiologist should perform a detailed hearing evaluation. Ultimately, the ENT physician should guide your care. Seek a practice that has both practitioners under one roof to give you the best care.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Related questions

A 32-year-old member asked:
3 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 45-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 34-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Last updated Sep 28, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.