Toothache can cause headache and dizziness? i'm experiencing these symptoms during the day. my tooth pulses and i can hardly chew. what should i do?

17 doctors weighed in across 4 answers
Dr. Theodore Davantzis answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Yes, it can: It appears you may have an infection, which is also taxing your immune system. Not eating right and not sleeping well can also cause your symptoms. Why are you waiting to call a dentist for an appointment? This will not pass by itself, but will become worse in the near future. Call today and feel better tomorrow.

Answered 10/23/2017

4.9k views

Dr. Gary Sandler answered

Specializes in Dentistry

See a dentist: The headache may well be related to your toothache. I'm less likely to associate the dizziness. Are you taking any medications that might make you dizzy? Are you drinking less which might dehydrate you and cause both. Regardless, see your dentist to treat the dental problem. It sound to me like it's an infected nerve\infection which is about to get even worse!

Answered 12/10/2013

4.9k views

Dr. Fredrick Costello answered

Specializes in

See your dentist: Toothaches can lead to tmjoint pain, temporal headaches and earaches. A tooth that pulses could be inflamed due to it hitting harder and sooner than adjacent teeth ... Which can usually be corrected by a simple bite adjustment. Or it could be an indication of irreversible pulpitis (inflammation) and/or infection indicating the need for root canal therapy. Either way, you need to see your dentist.

Answered 11/11/2014

4.9k views

Dr. Behram Dalal answered

Specializes in

You need to: Go see a dentist as soon as possible for an exam and x-rays so he can diagnose and recommend tx / prescribe antibiotics. Hope this helps.

Answered 10/2/2013

4.9k views