OH

I have bad gerd and its making me feel breathless. it has got to be the gerd because pfts/chest xray/ct lung/echo/echo stress okay/ started omprazole. when will breathlessness go away? it is making me anxious.

Dr. Chevies Newman
Well, that can be: Difficult to say. Perhaps the anxiety and breathlessness have taken off on their own. If you are getting the problem without the discomfort of gerd then you may need to address this as a seperate issue. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Rick Koch
Cardiology 23 years experience
This is variable : As short as a couple of days but could be longer like a few weeks.
Dr. Rodney Del Valle
37 years experience
Yes it is possible : That gerd gives you sob. While you wait to Omeprazole to work please avoid coffee, alcohol, chocolate, broccoli, tomatoes, acid fruits and juices, spicy and fatty foods. And also avoid tight cloths, heavy meals before going to bed. Attempt 6 smaller meals a day. Loose weight if bmi more than 30 and exercise. Consider anxiety as a possible explanation for your sob. Stay in touch to your physician.
Last updated Jan 5, 2019