PA

Is it better to or not to breast feed?

Dr. Holly Maes
Better: Hands down - breast feeding is better. Human milk is designed for human babies. Formula is cow's milk, and while the formula companies have tried to get it to be the best it can, it's design is for baby cows, not humans. It has none of the protective antibodies breast milk does to protect baby from disease in the first months.And breast feeding protects mom from breast cancer and helps lose weight.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Carol Jacobs
Specializes in Pediatrics
What's best 4 u?: There are great health benefits for both you and your child but if the thought of breast feeding is very stressful then I would speak to a lactation specialist to learn more about it. It's not a badge of dishonor to choose not to. Each baby and woman are unique. My advice - try it without putting pressure on yourself. You must do what makes you happy and comfortable.