What's the risk of my labor being induced ? My dr wants to induce at 39weeks 3days... I have no contractions cervix hasn't dilated or anything

Dr. Robert Killian
27 years experience in General Practice
Inducing labor: I do not understand the purpose behind the question. If your doctor wants to induce (which means to get started) the labor process then of course it is both safe and will be monitored by trained medical professionals.
Answered on Sep 19, 2013
1
1
Dr. Tracey Leaver-Williams
17 years experience in Obstetrics and Gynecology
if you are induced for medical reasons such as elevated blood pressure, a large estimated fetal weight, blood problems or something that is potentially a problem for you and the preg then you should not concern yourself with the risks so much. If the induction is for social reasons and your cervix is closed and you are not past your due date then it CAN put you at increased risk of a cesarean del
Sep 18, 2013